Use of Data
The Smartcane BMP Program is designed to treat confidentially any data generated by a grower using the Program. The Smartcane BMP Program is not designed or operated in such a way as to authorise disclosure of a grower’s Smartcane BMP status or progress to any third party, unless requested to do so by the grower.
Each grower must keep its username and password confidential. The Smartcane BMP Program treats any use of the Smartcane BMP Program by any person using a grower’s user name and password as use authorised by that grower.
For the purpose of conducting Smartcane BMP verification, a grower’s prior reports and action plans will be made available to that grower whenever the Smartcane BMP Program is accessed.
For the purpose of generating data to allow comparison of performance and conduct industry advocacy, only aggregated data will be used. Data will be collated to:
- Inform the progress and success of the Smartcane BMP program;
- Support industry strategy and direction;
- Support industry R,D&E needs, product development and training;
- Support district and regional extension needs, product development and training; and
- Provide baseline information to support continuous improvement in meeting industry reporting requirements and provide indicators on progress towards meeting government policies and programs.
Public level reports and validated industry aggregated data reports will only be accessible by registered licensees as permitted within the Data Access and License Agreement. Only the User Administrator, Smartcane BMP Site Administrator and Database Administrator will have access to the Administration Directory where personal information will be handled in accordance with National Privacy Principles.
While every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the information supplied in the Smartcane BMP Program and system, no representations or warranties are made about it.
An important objective of the Smartcane BMP Program is that there are no set ‘recipes’, but rather a recognition of on-farm management styles that allow for progress towards the adoption of an improved management systems that is based on current industry standards.
Where reference is made to another source, it is not to be taken as an endorsement of the information found in that source. To simplify technical terminology, trade names of product and equipment may be used. No endorsement of product names is intended, nor is criticism implied of products not mentioned.
When using pesticides you should always pay attention to the instructions and warnings printed on the pesticide label and Material Safety Data Sheets.
The level of farm planning and record keeping that a grower adopts is ultimately their decision. Good record keeping helps planning and therefore aids better farm management.
The Smartcane BMP Program does not purport to be professional advice. You should seek your own professional advice and ensure you are familiar with your legal obligations.
By logging on and using the Smartcane BMP Program, the grower agrees that:
- it has read and understood about the Use of Data entered into and sourced from the Smartcane BMP Program and acknowledges and agrees to it;
- CANEGROWERS makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy or reliability of information obtained or data generated or stored by the Smartcane BMP Program and excludes all conditions and warranties, whether implied at law, by course of dealing or otherwise;
- CANEGROWERS is not liable to the grower or to any third party for any damages, losses, costs or expenses, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages or lost profits, arising from any access to or use of the Smartcane BMP Program; and
- the grower grants CANEGROWERS a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive royalty free licence to use, reproduce and disclose data provided or generated by the grower, provided that CANEGROWERS de-identify the data before disclosure of it.
- the information provided by the grower is a true and honest record.
- a grower achieving certification in one or more of the following modules; Soil Health and Nutrient Management; Weed, Pest and Disease Management; Irrigation and Drainage agrees to participate if selected in an on-farm independent third party audit.
End User License Agreement for Smartcane BMP
- This agreement constitutes a legally binding agreement between you or the party you represent and are authorised to bind (“Licensee” or “you”), and CANEGROWERS.
- Please check the “I have read and agree to the license agreement” box at the bottom of the log in page of the Website if you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- By checking the “I have read and agree to the license agreement” check box, you acknowledge and agree that:
- You have read this agreement in full
- You understand this agreement
- You are authorised and have the capacity to enter into this agreement
- If acting on behalf of a third party (including a company), you are authorised to enter into this agreement on the third party’s behalf
- Your license to use the Smartcane BMP is only valid if a license has been granted to you strictly in accordance with this agreement, and you continue to adhere to the terms of this agreement
- Smartcane BMP reserves the right to change the terms of this agreement from time to time. You will be notified in writing of any such changes 30 days prior to the agreement changing, with notice being sent to the email address you provide in your registration details. Notice of these changes will also be posted on the Website log in page for the period 30 days prior to the change taking effect. When the terms of this agreement are amended, you will be required to read and accept the new terms and conditions before proceeding to use the Website and Smartcane BMP program. If you do not agree to the changes, you must not access the Smartcane BMP program.